Ryan Medical Education, LLC, also doing business as Boards and Beyond, and its related companies and/or affiliates ("RME" or "we") respect the privacy of every individual who visits our web sites or responds to our promotions. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on RME web sites, unless otherwise posted.
Information Collected From You.
- RME does not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it voluntarily. If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected, do not submit it to us. Personally identifiable information refers to information that is collected in conjunction with your name. Such information that you may give to us may include:
- Your name, postal address, telephone numbers, and email address.
- Your billing information, such as credit card numbers provided to make a purchase.
- Information you submit to us in the form of comments or other postings, or simple questions or feedback you provide to us.
- Information about your interests, including the specific services or products we provide to you, and the options and offers you select.
- We may also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Website or other content served by or on behalf of RME on other web sites. Cookies are small text files that reside on your computer and identify you as a unique user. Cookies allow us to, among other things, measure activity on our website and to personalize your experience on our website. For instance, cookies may enable us to remember your viewing preferences without requiring you to re-type a user name and password. Cookies may also allow us to track your status or progress when ordering products from us. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser's help file directions. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies or you manually delete cookies, you may have some trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features on our website.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
In general, RME collects personal information when you use our services for the following purposes:
- verify your identity;
- create and maintain your user account;
- answer email we receive from you;
- protect against or identify fraudulent transactions;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- deliver our services;
- contact you regarding our services unless you elected not to receive these communications;
- generally manage our business, including marketing and improving our products and services.
Sharing Information That You Provide With Others.
Generally, we do not give or sell or share your information, including your personally identifiable information, except in the following situations:
Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with subcontractors that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping to provide services that you request, helping to create or maintain our databases, helping to process payment card information, helping to research and analyze the people who request services or information from us, and helping to provide marketing or solicitation materials for our products or services.
Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
Transfers. In the event that RME, or substantially all of RME's assets, are acquired, your information will be transferred to the acquiring entity. In such a situation, you will be provided with notice that a transfer of your information is imminent, and you will be given an opportunity to opt-out of the transfer of your information.
Children (under age 17). The Website is solely for the use of adults over the age of 18.
All persons age 17 or under must ask for and receive their parents' or guardian's permission before sending any information about themselves to us or to anyone online or over the Internet. Parents or guardians of persons age 17 or under must send us an e-mail indicating their approval of the child's participation in any of the services/resources that require collection of personal information on our web sites.
Third-party web sites.
Any links to third-party web sites on RME web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the RME web site. RME does not review all third-party sites, nor does it control or assume responsibility for the content or privacy policies of any of these sites. Thus, RME does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access a third-party site linked to a RME web site, you do so at your own risk.
California Privacy Rights Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code
Residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by RME pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you correct your information?
If we are required to provide you with notice of a particular event or incident, we will send you that notice by e-mail, telephone, or mail.